To a more standard ADAL-empowered winforms app project we added our now working windows store 8.1 project:
We configure the forms app use the clientid/redirect of the store app (from previous memo). We also allow this client to talk to our standard webAPI (in addition to the office APIs)
we don’t really understand how to relate the kind of service discovery showcased in the office project with the authority discovery showcased in the forms demo (learning authority and resource URIs from a http handshake between client and potential app). One seems to be about user-centric discovery, the other web-centric…
So we remove that complexity process, so we can focus on the goal: have a winforms app go logon at the IDP via IE/WAB, and then see if this cookie container is shared with a windows 8.1 store app, when it is invoked using a uri.
While it makes little sense for a windows form app that has launched IE and its cookie jar to be trying to cooperate, across a security boundary, with the cookie jar of the WAB used by store apps, it was interesting to have the app use the office 365 clientid/redirect value.