kindle fire app from azure mobile, via android studio and AAD


We fixed the strange inline error from the app shown below – which is evidently caused by the device having no internet connection.

WP_20150309_11_33_30_Pro

default user discovery screens, from AAD

 

WP_20150309_11_34_02_Pro

user types UPN of identity whose AAD tenant endpoints are  to be discovered – for using in oauth2 handshake

 

WP_20150309_11_34_11_Pro

Net result of discovery is redirection to Metrolist SSO Portal (in rapmlsqa)

 

WP_20150309_11_34_36_Pro

we see the mobile screen rendering, done quite nicely for the screen size encountered

 

WP_20150309_11_37_55_Pro

we see the password screen (though the submit button needs to be more agile, being hard to press with keyboard covering it)

 

WP_20150309_11_38_10_Pro

we see password processing (once the keyboard removes itself)

 

WP_20150309_11_38_26_Pro

And we see the particular apps indication that login succcessed, creating a connection between this client and a backend web app supporting the mobile app with data services.

 

WP_20150309_11_38_44_Pro

This particular app auto provisions a data service for the rapstaff user, to which we add a todo record

 

WP_20150309_11_38_57_Pro

… which is shown to have been stored , when all records are enumerated.

 

Nothing requires an app vendor to maintain the particular User Experience shown the app design described above. That design simply showed that one can make an android application using the new metrolist login for APPs feature. Other user experience concepts are possible , including the elimination of the user discovery process.

Advertisements

About home_pw@msn.com

Computer Programmer who often does network administration with focus on security servers. Very strong in Microsoft Azure cloud!
This entry was posted in Azure AD, azuremobile. Bookmark the permalink.